MR22 went 'POP'!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uksub

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there, I've a set of MR22 Abyss regs, approx 8 months old, that just went 'pop' and started pissing out air from the din/valve connection....
The O ring looks fine, so could this be something more serious, or maybe just the O ring?
Also, would the work needed to fix them be covered by some sort of warranty, considering they were bought new? (UK)
Looking forward to your replies......thanks. :help:

UKSUB,

This sounds like a warranty issue to me. I suggest you take the regulator to an authorized Mares service center, preferably to the origin of purchase. My guess is this is a very simple fix and sounds alot like an oring issue (disclaimer: I am not diagnosing your equipment over the internet). I should think they will take care of you at no charge.

Best,

If the gas is leaking from between the tank valve and the din wheel, then it is almost surely the o-ring (which is consistent with the pop). Replace the o-ring. If that does not correct the problem than consult with LDS.

Good advice above. Those "pops" sound worse than they (usually) are. With 3000psi + pushing against an o-ring, it doesn't take much to make them go "pop".

Back
Top Bottom