MR16 dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chloro

Reaction score
Someone is selling a MR16 light. Since I know nothing about canister lights, I'd like some help from you guys. It is about 4 years old and batteries have been changed last summer. For the rest, who makes those MR16 ?

Oh and the buddy of the canister is in aluminium.

Thanks.

mr16 is just the name of the bulb a halogen bulb with a built in reflector they come in all different volatage and wattages and kelvens

diverite probably makes more mr16 divelights than anyone else but lots of other companies like patco use them to so anyone could have made it

dont think diverite has made alu cannsiters in many years tho

SCORE ResQ once bubbled...
MR16 is made by DiveRite. I don't know too much about that particular light but try this link.

DiveRite Home Page

Hope that helps.

The MR16 refers to the light head on a Dive-Rite light assembly. MR16 is a fixed focus projection head that can be used with either of 3 type halogen bulbs. 25Watt, 50Watt and 75Watt halogen bulbs. Each bulb will give either more or less light or more or less burn time. The lower the Watt bulb the more the burn time, the higher the Watt bulb, the more light but less burn time. So you pick the bulb that fits your application needs. 50Watt bulb will give you approximately 2 1/2 hours burn time. I normally would use my primary light on the first dive, on the way in (1hr), then use a back-up light on the way out. This allows you to use the same primary light again on a second dive of the day.

I have used an MR16 light head on a Dive-Rite, StarBright12, light assembly, as a primary cave diving light for several years. Excellent service with no troubles other than new batteries every few years. The SB12 canister and MR16 light-head are both made of aluminum.

I just happen to have one for sale. New batteries 3/03, new O-rings, new 50Watt bulb and new charger. ($250)

Thanks,

Wayne2:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom