MPs and Strobes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annie

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

For all the u/w digital photographers

- how many MPs is your camera?

- do you use a strobe and if so what did it cost?

Oly C-4040, 4MP. I use a S&S YD90DX strobe. Cost was $500, fiber optic cable included.

I use a Sony P9, 4MP. Strobe is a S&S YS 25DX cost about USD500 including arm, tray and fibreoptic.

Oly C-4040 as well, 4mb, Ikelite DS125 strobe, with deluxe arm/smart charger, sensor package $1050.

Olympus C5050 (5MP) & Ikelite DS125 strobe. Strobe is about USD700. Kit includes battery, 6hr charger, slave sensor and 2-piece basic arm set.

Does anyone here use a wide anlge lens on their digital and, if so, what do you use and how much did it cost?

Cheers, I am thinking about getting one asap and need advice.

My-way once bubbled...
Does anyone here use a wide anlge lens on their digital and, if so, what do you use and how much did it cost?

Cheers, I am thinking about getting one asap and need advice.

I use a S&S WAL L lens and I love it. No vignetting at all. I think I paid $280 for it. Olympus has one out now that has gotten good reviews but it's over $300. I would still choose the S&S if doing it again.

I use the Olympus (UN) PC-01 WAL. So far very happy with it. It's more expensive than it's peers - I bought it from Japan for about USD 250. The Inon WAL is also very popular, especially with the introduction of the Inon dome.
I highly recommend a lens dock or caddy when you consider buying a WAL.

Back
Top Bottom