MPK-PHB for DSC_P150/P100 fit the P200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kiwi303

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Sony Snappers.

Some years back when I was working sales I got a DSC-P150 and MPK-PHB combo pack back before the DSC-P200 came out as the next best thing in Sonys point-n-shoot range. My P150 got stolen later leaving me with the MPK-PHB housing, at the time I was not diving as my job had changed from entry level sales to team leader and I was spending too much time working, and my breaks on my mothers farm, so I never got a replacement P150 cam.

Now I'm getting back into diving and am looking to replace my P150 off ebay where they are cheap, and still very decent cameras, instead of buying a new camera and new case of another model.

My question is, I bought my camera before the P200 came out and my MPK-PHB litriture is only marked as P100/P150 compatible, can I get a P200 and use that in the MPK-PHB or were the buttons on the camera changed around a bit and no longer line up properly with the thru-casing buttons of the MPK-PHB housing?

If the P200 fits, I'd quite like to pick one of them up instead of the P150.

I know the P100 is 5.2 MPixel vs the P150's 7.2, but the P200 is also 7.2 like the P150 and as far as I am aware most of the changes are firmware and post processing image handling changes so the buttons should be similar, but I can't confirm from shots of the backsides of the two cameras on the 'net as everyone takes display photos of the Fronts!

Hoping someone on here knows :D

Thanks Sony Snappers :D

Alright, never mind guys...

I found a post by a guy who took his P100 MPK-PHB along to the shop and tried stuffing a P200 in it. The marine pack wouldn't even close, so similar, yet so different.

Re: P200 & the P100/150 Marine Pack: Sony Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

It will not. After these posts, I was able to test this myself, but taking my P100 Marine Pack to CompUSA and trying it out with a P200 that they were kind enough to open for me...I think I posted the results in another thread...

The MPK-PHB for the P100/150 will NOT work with the P200. Not at all. Although the cameras are similar in shape and size, they're just far enough off that the marine pack won't even close over the P200, and none of the buttons line up properly

Looks like I stick to finding a cheap Ebay P-150 in decent condition or put my MPK-PHB on sale and buy a camera and case combo.

Back
Top Bottom