mozilla email

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrierHPharmD:
I installed Firefox a month or so ago, and I'll have to say, I'm not all that impressed. I think it's got some major stability problems, especially re: the Download popup and in interacting with Adobe Acrobat v.6. I'm still using it, but I don't think it's a huge improvement over IE.

One thing I absolutely hate about it is that every downloaded file goes to the desktop. I like to specify my target folders, and I don't think you can do that with Firefox. (Prove me wrong - please!)

-Grier

Hello GrierHPharmD,

Check your setup:

Tools, Options, Downloads (in the left column), pick "Ask me where to save every file' or 'Save every file to this folder' and select the folder you want.

Addited: Looks like neophytediver beat me to it...

neophytediver:
I love Firefox and Thunderbird and refuse to touch IE or OE anymore.

Except, of course, to download Windows updates. You still have to have IE around for that. Grrrrrr.

Hmmm, I used "Mozilla" as my first web browser back in '92 or '93 before it was renamed Netscape. I think I still have a disk with version 0.99 (?). Yes, I realize the current Mozilla is another creature but it brings back memories.

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom