mozilla email

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've just installed Thunderbird and am trying to figure out how to include a standard signature to all of my messages. In OE there was a tab under Options, but I can't find how to do this in T'bird.

Any help appreciated.

It is difficult to do and you can't have different ones to choose from. In checking out the Thunderbird user forum for work arounds I found that folks are having issues with stability. After losing the address book I was building I uninstalled TB and went back to OE. Still using mozilla's Firefox though. :D

I use FireFox and I love it dearly, but I must say... Mac Mail Rules!!!

Sorry I can't help, but stick with T-bird… Maybe in another 3 years or so you'll be able to say, "HA! Losers, I was one of the firsts!"

I'd heard such good things and since I needed to move a copy of everything to my laptop for travel thought it was a good time. But if I can't do what I need to do, then I will move a copy of OE over instead.

Now...how do I do that? i have an external hard drive and want everything out of OE (well, not everything, but it's probably easier to do it all). Tips appreciated.

LOL...I need my entire OE on my laptop. I used to simply forward the stuff I needed but that's like 1000's of messages at the moment and there must be a better way...that's why I thought going to T'bird would be great -it does it with one click.

I installed Firefox a month or so ago, and I'll have to say, I'm not all that impressed. I think it's got some major stability problems, especially re: the Download popup and in interacting with Adobe Acrobat v.6. I'm still using it, but I don't think it's a huge improvement over IE.

One thing I absolutely hate about it is that every downloaded file goes to the desktop. I like to specify my target folders, and I don't think you can do that with Firefox. (Prove me wrong - please!)

-Grier

Hmmmm.... I'd have to download something to check but it seems I've been able to to put it where I want. I like the tabs for opening sites and especially being able to open all of the new sites I read in the morning with a single click.

I use FireFox for Internet and Pegasus for email. Haven't had any problems with Pegasus, but haven't tried importing OE addresses. Sorry.

GrierHPharmD:
One thing I absolutely hate about it is that every downloaded file goes to the desktop. I like to specify my target folders, and I don't think you can do that with Firefox. (Prove me wrong - please!)

-Grier

You can download to anywhere you specify: Tools->Options->Downloads

Been using Firefox since the beta, been using Mozilla since it was the only kid on the block. I love Firefox and Thunderbird and refuse to touch IE or OE anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom