Moving to West Palm Beach. Club? Living quarters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DancesWithSeals- Your Nick on SB reminds me of a woman I met at a memorial day celebration. She has lived in Fort Pierce her whole life and once worked with the USO. She told me stories about how she and her friends spent time at the dances with the Navy Boys who trained here in Fort Pierce at the then SEAL training camp.

Whoa, Orando Eric! Ever see the film "Dances with Wolves"? Dances with Seals, Dances with Wolves. Get it? Not USO dancing. Geez, I have to rethink this nickname! LOL :)

dumpsterDiver:
I would work with a few realtors. There are many speculators that have purchased houses that they can not now sell. If you are patient you may well be able to rent a nice new home for much less than what it would cost to own one.
You are already able to rent cheaper than owning. Like I said... I live on the beach, and rent for $1300 a month. The Cheapest apartment in my building is for sale for $335,000 and of course, there's taxes, and association fees ($350/month) - do the math... That's well over $2000 per month. :wink:

BTW - I did get a realtor to find the place I'm in now (i think it was a good move)

The Standard median house here is in the $240k range. A Townhouse in a medium crime area (dont send your kids to the school) is 140k. Hell I saw a crack house the other day and it was 68k!

Anyone know the name of the realtor for that crack house?

Lol... we could fix it up!

I pay $625/mo for a 1 bedroom about a 1 1/2 miles from hollywood beach. You just gotta find em. Not the best area, but it's not that bad either.

You should consider the fort lauderdale area, beach diving is WAY better down here, and we are closer to the keys :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom