Moving to Newfoundland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grajan

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been pretty quiet here recently - too darned busy.... but I have got to know a few of you so I thought I would let you know that we are moving on - to Newfoundland.

The upside is apparently great diving almost out the door. The downside is it's a bit chilly - currently a couple of feet of snow and still coming down.

Anyway, Texas has been a lot of fun for thirteen years so I'm sure we will be back some time.

Good luck and good diving to you all.

All the best, Graham! We'll keep the light on for ya... :D

And they say that the Sea Level is rising ...
How can this be ?? :huh:
This guy is moving to New Found Land !!!

That is really cool. Dad wanted to move us there years ago. There should be some clear water in that place for sure. (Global Warming ??... Hmmmmm, Can You say Drysuit ? I knew you could :wink: )

As a Newfie living in Vermont, I just want to say Congratulations. NFLD is awesome, with great people, and even better diving. You're gonna love it.
C-Dawg

Take me with you.

Grajan:
I've been pretty quiet here recently - too darned busy.... but I have got to know a few of you so I thought I would let you know that we are moving on - to Newfoundland.
We appreciate your willingness to go up there and scout out all the best dive sites and deals for us. Be sure and let us know when the best time to dive is and post an occasional trip report when you get the chance.

I wonder if there is much difference in water temp during the year?

Willie

If you will be in the eastern section - Avalon/St John - Rick Stanly has one of the few (if only) charter boats around. In late June and early July you can hit a wreck in the morning, whales at lunch, and an iceberg in the afternoon. Rick is also starting some mine dives on Bell Island.

In St John, the main entertainment drag is around Water St. When I was last up there at one end was a "Gentelman's" club and at the other was a good Irish pub. In between was every type of club and music you could want.

Land prices were very low by US standards (especialy Southern New England).

Get used to hunting and fishing, if it walks, flys, or swims they eat it.

wet-willie:
I wonder if there is much difference in water temp during the year?

Willie
Yes! they have cold and colder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom