Moving to New Jersey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any time, Mike...:D

I think it's time to get more creative with our diving. I'm thinking with gas, it's probably $50 more than Fran's estimate. Quarry diving and river diving is gas money for me. There was a guy I met up at LVDC, and they were diving a section of the Delaware and bring up pounds of money. Not sure, but I think it was all change.

I've got some additional money coming in for being on-call. However, it's not like Mike working a for real second job. You're a dedicated diver, Mike!!

Shark River Inlet or the Dual Locomotives would be cool. A change of scenery for me. Plus, no matter where I dive I try to have the expectation of finding something cool. Diving is not just a skill set, attitude is equally important. Right, Bob?! :wink:

I can say that even on my worst dive experience at Dutch that I had a great time. I dove a small quarry hole up near my house, 25 ft deep and maybe a 100 yds x 50 yds. That was cool too, until the two guys I was there with stirred up the bottom.

Jack,

I'd be up for any kind of diving. Tomorrow (Sunday), I'm diving in the heated therapy pool at Centra State Medical Center. I'll be volunteering with special needs kids learning to scuba dive. Here is the link to the article I posted: New Jersey Scuba Diving Forum :: View topic - Free Scuba Classes for Special Needs Children

I want to dive the train wreck in the water gap, I want to do more shore dives, I LOVE diving in the St. Lawrence Seaway and Lake Ontario, and so on and so on...

Jack, wait till you find out what my second job is...

Man, that is great, Mike! There is a guy down our way that does the same type of thing. Once a year, during the summer, he takes a group of handicapped kids up to Messiah College and teaches them scuba. I couldn't work out the timing last year for this.

I would love to go down to Key Largo for the SUDS trip they are having but the condos are more than I'm willing to pay for it. :(

Check out the Big Eddy. Bing Bing and I are going to try once again to make this doable. Bing had a topo map showing the area. It's just a big hole in the middle of the river @ 113' vertical. There is supposed to be a huge ball of eels at the base.

Plus they have some other stuff to do around there. St. Lawrence is on my to do list this year. Looks like we may not make it to Cancun this year...

So, what is the secret job? Unclogging the pipes at the sewer treatment facility??:l:

I haven't exactly figured out where to live yet :) I'm working in a place called Secaucus and given the short notice I suspect I'll do the long term stay hotel till I sort out a good place to live

Well thats up the road a bit. If you ever want to head down and hit the slot machines in Atlantic City, and do some diving whiile your there let me know.

I know, sorry we were not there. We were diving in Cozumel.. :D

I will catch up with you soon.

Gee what choice BTS or Cozumel, wonder which I would've picked ????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom