moving to Hawaii!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jameys18

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm moving to Hawaii in August. I'm NAUI certified but it's been over two years since my last dive. I'm obviously looking to get back into it now though haha! I'll be moving to Oahu, I'm just wondering if anyone on here lives in the area and might be looking for a new dive buddy (and doesn't mind being a bit of a teacher as well as I have less that 15 dives under my belt).

I'm 25 and I'm a super laid back kinda guy. Plus, I have a F-470 Zodiac we can take out nudge nudge =).

any reccomendations on areas i should research into diving or fishing are also really welcome!

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome to ScubaBoard!

This is a huge site, and finding the best places to post questions is often a challenge to new users. In this case, the best place to ask a question like this in in the Regional Travel section for Hawai'i, called Hawai'i O'Hana. Scroll down a ways and you will find it.

I am gong to ask that your thread be moved there so it will get the best possible response.

well, I don't know where I'll be living at yet. I will be working out of Pearl Harbor, but i don't really know a whole lot about the different areas or where I would like to live. I have heard that there are some areas that I should steer away from as a mainlander.

I was looking at buying a house or condo there but it is soooo expensive!

NAUI dive shops are few and far between here - Oahu is dominated (but by no means monopolized) by PADI shops. But there is one close to your new 'office' - Pearl Harbor Divers (Pearl Harbor Divers - Scuba Diving Source). I know nothing about them and have never dived with them, so I can't vouchsafe for their awesome-ness. I live in Lanikai, on the other side of the island, and either dive with Aarons, which is based in Kailua (my fiance is an instructor there) or shore-dive.

Good luck with your move. We came out here a little over a year ago, but we're already planning to move back home to New York. Some folks love it out here, others (like us) not so much. I hope you're in the former category and have a blast out here.

Back
Top Bottom