Moving to Durham area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stopped by Bill's one day.

The doors were locked and the space was empty.

He either closed down or has relocated. I would vote for closed.

The economy has been tough for the industry the last couple of years.

I guess I stand corrected, I have not been there in at least 6-8 months. He may well have closed.

herman:
I guess I stand corrected, I have not been there in at least 6-8 months. He may well have closed.

Bill's Scuba is still open, they moved from Six Forks road down a few blocks to Newton Rd.

Address: 240 Newton Rd Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919-847-6169

Be sure to stop by Bullocks for the best (IMNSHO) bar-b-que in the world.

cleant:
Hello Spider
You are lucky that there are several shops around.Water World is a good sized shop in Durham,they have regular charters out of Morehead with Olympus.I was certified with them and they are PADDI.
I live in Chapel Hill and have been diving with Gypsy Divers,a SSI shop in Raleigh.I have done my deep,wreck and nitrox with them.At least twice a month during the season Gypsy gets one of the big boat from Discovery in Morehead City and does two long days,four deep dives.
The diving is great and the people are easy to get along with.
Look at Gypsydivers.com,call Dave the owner and he will answer any questions you have.
Don.t wait too long no matter which of the LDSs or charters you decide to go with.Weekends especially get booked early.
Tom

Howdy! I am also in Chapel Hill. While I mostly travel to dive these days, I'd love to have a local to dive with on the coast. Let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom