Moving to Durham area this summer, where to live/dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would second the recommendation for living in the Southpoint Mall area of Durham (near I-40 and Fayetteville Rd.), especially if you're renting. It's mostly new construction, safe, and close to everything. I lived near there for a year or so, and only moved to Cary for the schools. The drive up the Durham Freeway to Duke is easy.

---------- Post added May 2nd, 2012 at 11:37 AM ----------

Oh, and if you can't find anything right at Southpoint, I'd recommend looking along Highway 55 between there and Cary, or along Highway 54 between there and RTP. Try not to live right in RTP, though. It's a ghost town at night. I made the mistake of living in RTP once. Borrrring.

I ended up at station nine. It's a bit pricy but the place is really nice and I can WALK to work everyday. In the end I'm happy with my choice.

What do people usually do for dive gear storage? My apt only has about 1/2 of my gear in it and the closets are already busting at the seams lol.

Station Nine looks very snazzy.

For storage - maybe there's a self storage place nearby? A small room (like 5x5) would be cheap. You probably want an air conditioned one, though.

Back
Top Bottom