Moving temporarily to Sacramento for work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, I just took an altitude diving class with Sierra Dive Center (Reno) in Lake Tahoe. What a perfect day. Going to take a peak buoyancy class next weekend. Part of my goal as a diver is to have as many different experiences as possible. I honestly never thought I'd dive at altitude, so I'm going to take advantage of that as much as possible as Tahoe is only 2 hours away.

But I still need to get out to the coast soon!

Whe you get to Monterey in my opinion blow off Breakwater there are plenty of other beach dives in the Monterey/Camrmel area that are better dives but less people "Macabee, Copper Roof, Lovers" just to name a few any of the local dive shops can help you. Stay away from Carmel River and Monestary Beach unless you have somebody with you that knows these dive sites well, you can get in troulbe quickly at these beaches. As others have said the diving on the North coast can be great on good days but you better have everything you need with you because there are not many dive shops or divers around to help I've had many dives up there where we are the only ones in the area unless it's AB season.

I think Breakwater is really underrated. It might be for beginners, but I've seen cooler things there than at any of the other spot in Carmel/Monterey (besides Lobos of course)

Feel free to stop in at BreakWater Scuba on Cannery Row Cross from San Carlos Cove. We'll be glad to talk up the local sites, and the coffee machine is always ready to brew you a cup!

-Adrian

Thanks everyone. I was scheduled to take a peak buoyancy class with SDC at Tahoe, but the winds nixed those plans. Now trying to figure out when in May I can make it down to Monterrey. Would like to do a deep water class there if I can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom