Movie Review: Riding Giants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheDavil

Contributor
Reaction score
I watched it three times in the week that we had it rented and it gave me goosebumps every time.

The movie is a documentary that chronicles big wave surfing (mostly in Hawaii, but some California stuff, too) during the last thousand years or so. Camera work in incredible, stories are fantastic, and the folks that they interview are real characters. The whole thing comes together and sucks you in with its enthusiasm. Everybody's love and respect of the ocean really comes through above everything else

Anyhoo, even if you aren't a surfer, or not even interested in surfing, you may dig this movie. My wife has never been on a board in her life and she enjoyed it...

David

Saw it too in theatres when it was here last summer or so. I loved the effects of how they took the 2D pictures and made layers out of them so they looked 3D. It was a pretty cool effect. Also, Laird Hamilton is a beast.

Y'all shouldn't miss this one…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom