Mouting a Cannister light on a back plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Either I missed it or it was not posted, but to keep the canister light from falling off of the webbing you can purchase a second belt buckle (I use a Trident stainless one; $6.00 or so) and push it up against the canister light. Both of my BP/W setups can have the light canister pushed all the way back, but my gal likes her canister slightly forward, so she has a plastic weight keeper about two inches forward so she can easily reach the light switch.

We don and doff in the water all the time with no issues regarding our canister lights. Even removing and replacing a rig onto a kayak, with the light on the right waist strap, is not a problem.

Also make sure to put a stainless clip on the light head so it can be clipped off when not in use. Helps to also have a loop on the back, so it can be clipped off facing down, when the light is on underwater.

You are going to love having a canister light on every dive :)

Same here, only I have a plastic buckle I borrowed from something I had laying around.

From the GUE website

GUE Equipment Configuration

true_acb-kelp.jpg

Put it on the belt... I don't see any advantage to mounting on the plate.

To keep the canister from moving too far back use a keeper or a bullet wt to keep it where you want it....

(I'll let you know the next time I'll be down in Monterey if you want me to take a look at it)
Wow great feedback in this thread guys, thanks for the info. I'm going to try and setup the canister on the belt on my right hip and see how that works out.

I enjoyed reading all the information on the GUE website. I wasn't sure where I should place my back up light, but now there is a place for it.

I like it on my belt for a few good reasons as the GUE site says.

I can reach the on/off switch.
It makes a great place to stow the long reg. hose.
I can move it around as I need, or want to. And, it's streamlined. ( as much as any thing hanging off of you can be )
Not that I'd ever want to, but I can ditch it if need be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom