Mouthpiece for Dacor Pacer Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flfishhead

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looking for replacement mouthpiece for a Dacor Pacer regulator. I'm assuming the dimensions given for mouthpieces online refer to the width/height of the inside of the mouthpiece itself (could be wrong here). If this is, in fact, the case, it appears that all mouthpiece dimensions I've found online are all too large. Had a Trident silicon replacement mouthpiece on hand, but it, too, is too large. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Just wrap some electrical tape around the area until it is built up enough to accommodate your mouth piece - that is what I do. I would also suggest securing the mouth piece with some string and a good constrictor knot in addition to a zip tie..

Dacor Pacer seconds are standard size, so any standard size mouth piece will fit like charm.
I have two Pacers and replaced the mouth piece twice and they are standard. No need to measure anything. Just go to your LDS and buy any mouthpiece that you like.

The Atomic Aquatics mouthpiece is the smallest (tightest fitting) mouthpiece I've ever found:

Atomic Comfort Mouthpiece discounts on sale Atomic

I'll bet this would work for your application. I've got a couple Atomics and a bunch of 'vintage' Scubapro MK 5 / 109's that all require a 'small' opening mouthpiece and this is the only one that fits. (Also, SEACURE makes a # 1 size that also fits my Atomic and SP regs.)

Measured the metal mouthpiece "orifice projection" on the Dacor with that of my trusty old MK5, and they compare favorably. If the Atomic fits your MK5's, it (or the SEACURE) should work nicely. (They must have made regulator mouthpieces smaller back then). Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom