Mounting BO cylinders to Genesis 1200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, very nice! I never thought about mounting a bcd to the unit. What size tanks are they?

I used PVC pipes on v1 but they were clumsy a pain to adjust based on load. Had to mix and match. I found a 30# wing works perfectly to balance it out. I dump most of the gas when I park it with a shut off to the PI to avoid a potential float away. While on the trigger a nearly full wing keeps it trim. The DPV is neutral when detached, the bottles are neg when full and almost neutral when empty. Archimedes helped a lot with balancing. The bottles are AL 72s. They are what I use for BO and easy to mix and match with the bands based on the dive.

How does the unit handle with all the extra mass and drag? (as compared to a bare scooter).
Seems this might be an elegant solution when spearfishing. We fish the rigs in the Gulf of Mexico and somtimes have strong currents.

Back
Top Bottom