Mounting Argon & Canister Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sig

Reaction score
I was wondering what methods are used for mounting the argon bottle and canister light to the harness. Equipment and where it can be found. Pictures would be great and sorry if this has been posted but I wasn't able to find it so if you no the link please post it.

Thanks

Canister light is always on right hip,on the webbing, towards the rear, use a staino belt buckle to secure it.

Dave

In two posts our argon bottle attachment. Cheap and easy to make from a little bit of weight belting and bungee this will allow you to remove and replace your argon bottle with ease.

The bungee is attached by tying a knot to make a loop and then passing the loop through the bottom left hole in the plate... this hooks around the valve handle to hold it up in the webbing loop. When you undo the bungee the bottle slides right out.

The webbing loop is made by wrapping a length of weight belting around your argon bottle and marking it so that you have 1.2" extra at each end... using a hot knife to cut the webbing and a hot nail to *drill* holes in each end of the webbing. The webbing is secured to one of the holes in the back plate with mushroom nuts~n~bolts or zip ties. I am a fan of zip ties :D and they have lasted for over a year with no sign of deterioration.

Is anyone having difficulty downloading these files?

Normally when I post a picture it opens automatically in a new window but for some reason these pics seem to need an image program for download.

Thanks for the replies. I should have the light in a week or two. I have the argon bottle but I just need a reg for it. Hopefully I will be diving a little warmer this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom