Most Underrated Dive Destinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJ

(Shhh... don't tell anyone!)

Agreed - funny how people dont realize how good the diving is here. With so many historical wrecks the dive spots are unlimited. When we are loading up my boat we get all sorts of looks from people at the marina like we are nuts!!!

Just got back from the Straits of Mackinac. As far as wreck diving goes - AWESOME. Many in tact wrecks in the 70 - 120' range. If you can't get on the water because it is too rough, you can always take a trip to Mackinac Island for the day or hit Mullett Lake to look for bottles or play with the fish.

Portobelo, Panama (Caribbean). My only tropical dive vacation so far. I imagine many will disagree with me, but I have my reasons.

Sorry, I just dived Portobelo. If you have a busisness trip to Panama City and want to dive for a day or 2, Portobelo is just fine. This is much better than working. Unfortunately, the diving is inferior to all other Caribbean diving I've done in Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, Cozumel, Turks and Caicos, Bonaire, and Curacao. Key Largo and Boynton Beach/Jupiter are also significantly better.

Good diving, Craig

Puget Sound. British Columbia gets a fair amount of magazine attention, but we have most of the things they have, and we can see them all from shore . . . There's a dive site in Seattle that's directly across from the downtown skyline, where I have seen seven Giant Pacific Octopuses on one dive. Get out of the water, clean up a bit, and have dinner in the city -- where else can you do that?

Another vote for Puget Sound! When I first moved here from Florida, I thought I would be diving a lot less than I did in Florida. I was wrong. I'm diving a lot more here. Shore dives, very economical, all I usually need is an air fill, then I'm good to go.

Lynne, you may recognize some of these characters.

Ron

Attachments

• IMG_0950.jpg
    IMG_0950.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0957.jpg
    IMG_0957.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0970.jpg
    IMG_0970.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0972.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 87
Philippines

yeah, awsome place. don't need to go down to look at the fish. they just dynomite it and the fish floats up.
You're painting with a rather broad brush, aren't you? In my first two trips to the Philippines I have seen some great reef, much of it very healthy, some of it pristine. Of course, it's not Rockaway Beach diving--we're not that lucky--but it's not bad diving.
:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom