Most dives in different locations in 24hrs??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, im new here but i was wondering how many dives you guys have done in different locations. We are trying to do 24 dives in 24 different locations. how many more do you think we could do? also do you know of any record about this?

Is this in 24 hours? Lets see... I dove a water tower about every 20 miles from Texas to Oklahoma for inspections. Does that count? Not much to see, but vis is pretty good. :)

*edit* actually, most cities had multiple water towers, less than 5 miles apart.

They'd probably all have be rather short dives, considering the time to gear up, travel, gear down etc... not sure where you could so this, maybe the keys? unless you did it somewhere like here Dutch Springs you could do the helicopter as one dive...the cessna as another...
may want to contact someone well versed in dive medicine..I think I read something once about micro bubbles and repeat bounce dives...but don't have the experience or the knowledge to speak about that.

Not clear. In different climates/countries? Can they be shore entries at the same spot but each entry 10 feet down shore from the last? Why 24? For Guinness Book? So many questions.

Hi, im new here but i was wondering how many dives you guys have done in different locations. We are trying to do 24 dives in 24 different locations. how many more do you think we could do? also do you know of any record about this?

Regardless of "location" anything more than about 7 or so dives in a 24hr period and you aren't talking about real dives anymore. What's the point in setting a "non-sense" record?

Of course you could go somewhere like Bonaire where you could enter the water at one site, descend to 30ft, swim 200yds, exit the water, walk 100ft and dive the site right next to it...

BON-Skyview.jpg

But that's not much of a "record" really. More of many dives at one location.

In Panama we used to do the Atlantic, Pacific and the lake in a day...ok only 3 dives, but very different places. You could add in the river...and be up to ... ah 4.

One would have to define what "different locations" actually means...

As many as you want. Stay geared up. Jethro can drive and lug. Jed dm and we can clean a bunch of concrete ponds for air and gas. I'll be up back snorkeling with Granny and Elly May.

To even attempt this seems pretty moronic to me unless you plan to do all your dives in less than 33 ft (10 m) for the minimum time of 20 min which would at least give you a surface interval of 40 min assuming you stayed in your wetsuit and drove to the next site. I certainly hope no flying would be involved.

Such challenges are one reason why some divers never make it to log 100 dives before taking a chamber ride.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom