Most comfortable snorkel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aaron528

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently started swimming regularly in a pool as part of my cardio prep for diving and other activities. No problems doing crawl, but I found I prefer using a mask and snorkel. Only problem is the mouthpiece on one I own is crap. Spoiled from using comfo bite mouthpieces in my regs. Looking for opinions about a comfortable snorkel that can be used for longer periods, maybe even one that accepts mouthpiece replacements? Don't use a snorkel much diving, but swimming with one isn't going to work unless I change it.

I like a three piece snorkel, there is the tube, the J and the mouth piece. the J swivels on the tube and the mouthpiece swivels on the J.

I use one of these in the pool, they look dorky as hell but let me workout without worrying about my breathing. I always end up sucking water when I start breathing hard.

Swimming Snorkel - Swim Snorkel - Swimming Snorkels

I use the Oceanic Ultra Dry Snorkel, both in the pool and of course snorkeling. I can change the mouth peice to just about any size and have done so a few times until I find one that works best for my snorkel. My LDS has a boxes of different sizes & styles of mouth peices. I can take my snorkel there and try fittings (not in my mouth, yuck) for my snorkel until I find one that I like. I would suggest taking the snorkel you have to your LDS and see if you can do the same before purchasing new snorkel. Unless you can not remove the mouthpeice from your current snorkel, that would be most cost effective way to go. Mouth peices can range from $1-5. Snorkels $20+.

Go to Leisurepro website. Aqua Lung Impulse 3. Best selling snorkel on the market. Comfo-Bite mouthpiece like my Reg. I got the Black/Yellow flex. My Buddy (Avatar) has the Red non-flex. Large bore no restrictions for fresh air when working out. Works great for freediving the rough Northern California coast as well as working out on the water.

Back
Top Bottom