Morrison springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jokaz82

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am thinking on hitting this place up at the end of my dive trip next month. Anyone been lately?

I also never been. Any advice? Expectations?

The area isn't huge. I've never done Ginnie so I can't compare. There's one big funnel-shaped thing in the middle with a tree over it and good flow coming out of a hole into it. There's a lot of really cool stuff to see, but it's really all pretty homogenous. The floor is mostly a white rocky-sand. There is some "silting out" if there are a bunch of [/]roto-tillers[/-] newer divers in the water....but other than that the viz is typically spectacular.

If you like to work with buoyancy and control, going up and down in the water column in the flow is good exercise. If you are trying to develop a kick, like a frog kick or back kick, against the flow is a great place to do it. If you wish to practice tying off while holding position, the tree is a great place to do it.

There are lots of 1-2" freshwater flounder around the rim, but you have to go low and slow and be non-silting. You can hover for a while and suddenly discern two or three right under your nose. There are crayfish around the roots of the trees sometimes.

There is a platform before the sand basin, and you can find fish and such under that.

If you are cavern certified, it is my favorite cavern ever! :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom