Morrison Springs 9-24-6(correct date this time) Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Met up with Paulwall this morning in Loxley(AL) and dumped off my truck at work and piled my gear into his Ranger. USCGflyer and one of his buddies also met up with us in AL. Off we went to Morrison, arriving a bit late at 8:30AMish. Photohikedive, GLENFWB and wife, and MDB were already onsite waiting on us. Pufferfish arrived a bit later as well to finish off our group. There were some locals onsite, apparently a birthday party ramping up, and a few small classes. Far less people than the previous day's dive onsite. Water was just as clear and seamed to be at about the same height.

We geared up and made for the water diving in two groups. Paulwall and myself buddied up with USCGflyer & friend paired up for the first group whcih would be exploring the caverns. GLENFWB, PHD, and Pufferfish made up the second group who stayed in OW to work on getting trimmed up and weighted correctly. We planned to dive 1/3rd a tank in the cavern, but ascended quicker than planned due to a gear issue with USCG's friend(his single tankadapter came loose from the BP) - USCG and friend would surface fix the problem and continue the dive afterwards - PW and I continued. After a quick look around in the upper cavern we started exploring the basin and the spring run. We saw the typical spring fauna along with some of the large carp(seen at Vortex frequently). Max depth of 89' for a dive lasting 66 minutes in 68F water. I managed to flood my camera as well - d'oh. Time to see how smart my investment in dive insurance(DEPP) will work out.

Warmed up for a bit over an hour during the surface interval and PW, USCG & friend, and GLEN decided to head back in the pool. We explored the caverns again and played around the cypress tree laying across the basin - basically an abreviated version of the first dive(no equipment problems this time though). Took the time in OW to practice a few drills to pass time, don/doft, mask off junk, ect. Max depth of 84' for a bit over 30 minutes.

As always, a trip to Sally's was in order to fill our bellies and let us all catch up on the dives. Had alot of fun despite losing the camera and we made the best out of a day we were supposed to be diving the Oriskany(seas too rough).

Not the camera again :11: :shakehead ! Was it the O-ring again? Maybe they'll let you keep it and you can make bookends with the other one.

The strobe bulkhead was knocked off pre-dive and I attempted to dive with it anyway. I did a shallow bubblecheck without any problems and decided to pop the camera on in and head deep. Not a great idea... Hopefully, the insurance will come through.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom