Morrison Springs 8/3/06 dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I got a late start getting out of work at 2 pm and seaangel met me in the lobby. She and her sister followed me up to the spring w/o incident. We were on 181 when my cell rang - PHD calling "where are you?". Arriving at the spring, we made our greetings - I was fully clothed in work attire (something that seemed to amuse MDB :D) so a quick change and on with the gear. I entered the water and, although last there, was second ready after the snorkel queen. Every body suited up and as SA and I were ready to dive, Puff and PHD were on the surface. They had done a short cavern hello and Puff had some buoyancy issues with his 14 mm suit. SA and I headed to the cavern and were joined by PHD in a few minutes. The floor was bubbling sand in several places. Here is PHD playing in the main boil:

83sand.jpg

He tried to squeeze in every crack down there, but he did end up back on the surface at the end of the dive. Here is SA in the cavern:

83salc.jpg

We finished playing in the lower cavern and headed up to the upper. Some changes are happening in that cavern, one is that the small offshoot to the left seems to be getting bigger - or at least the entrance is anyway. Here's a pic:

83scst.jpg

There was also a larger air pocket than I've ever seen there. We played in and around it for a while. Here are some pics:

83apbsn.jpg

83phdapb.jpg

83apou.jpg

83phdap.jpg

Back out to the basin and on to the platform for some off-gassing and refreshments - included here is a picture of the snorkel queen MDB.

83sapf.jpg

83phddk.jpg

83mdb.jpg

We also encountered some alien life forms at the end of the dive:

83b.jpg

We then headed off to Sally's to eat and hide from a thunderstorm. The power even went out for a couple seconds - all was OK, we had our food already :D. We parted ways after a good dive, good food, and a good chat.

Nice report, i love the photos. Was the water level down much? I was there like a week ago and I don't remember any air pockets that big.

Must have been a lot of divers in there earlier or at least some that spent a good while in that cavern. The air had not escaped yet when we got there.

:baaa: Looks like a horrible time, I'm so glad I didn't ditch work to meet up with you guys...

Great pics, water looks awesome. I miss Morrison, its been like a month and a half or something...

yeah, it is tough, with it right in my backyard, and all

*scuffle.....smack......smash....bang......crash.....owwwwwwwwwwwwww*

that was PHD posting on my account...and now back to our regularly scheduled program.....

Bah, your avatar is misleading in the fact that its wearing dive gear. Replace the tank with a snorkel and carry on :wink:

I like the images of the air pocket best, and not just because I am in them...... well, that isn't the MAIN reason :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom