Morrison Springs 3-26-6 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Met up with Paulwall this morning at Morrison Springs for a few dives around 9AM. It was chilly out, probably in the upper 40s, low 50sF that morning, but we enjoyed clear blue skies to light our dive. Quite a few other people were enjoying the weather too, it was pretty busy out there.

Water levels were just under 6' and the water had a nice green color to it with 20-25' visibility in the basin, less when a class churned through. Our first dive lasted 37 minutes and I hit 94' at the bottom of the cavern. The goose is pretty much finished off, Paulwall found a part of it on the ledge while the rest lay on the bottom of the cavern cracked pretty badly. After burning a third off in the cavern, we explored the basin a bit as visibility allowed(it slacks off quickly away from the spring flow).

After an SI of slightly over an hour we did a second dive. 91' for 44 minutes on this dive and stuck to the same plan. We were visited by a large softshell turtle, but I didn't take the camera on this dive since the battery light was blinking nearly the entire first dive. Figures eh? Had a great time and a great set of dives and we hit up Sally's for a great grease burger afterwards.

Pics at http://www.suprbugman.com/gallery/album119

I'm jealous! Glad you got to dive today...I did housework and went to Wal-Mart. No comparison...

We need to give the goose a decent burial. It has lived a long and difficult life down there in the cavern with all those eels, catfish, and general darkness.

I guess the 6 foot rule is still in play for clear water. Levels have been about 6.5 for a few days and the water is that color and viz is improving. Sure takes time to clear when it's not summer time.

bennedc:
I'm jealous! Glad you got to dive today...I did housework and went to Wal-Mart. No comparison...

All that house work non-sense can wait till after the dive. :) Drive on down!

SeaYoda:
We need to give the goose a decent burial. It has lived a long and difficult life down there in the cavern with all those eels, catfish, and general darkness.

I guess the 6 foot rule is still in play for clear water. Levels have been about 6.5 for a few days and the water is that color and viz is improving. Sure takes time to clear when it's not summer time.

Yeah, looks to be dropping slowly too.

I think I got spoiled last summer when the water would plummet back down quickly after a rain.

ScubaBoard Meet-n-Greet/Goose burial?

I'll wear black :D.

Nice man, I was thinking about Morrison yesterday when I returned to the water for the first time since we dove together in October. Its been a long cold winter, and its been relatively mild this year. :D

Nice pics bugman, thanks for sharing. It looks like you had a very nice weekend of salt and freshwater fun. I like the pic of the sole. I saw one that couldn't have been bigger than a 50 cent piece in the run between the eye and little devil earlier this week.

Too bad for the Goose. I remember one day I was diving down there and the goose decided to take off and try to fall on seayoda's head down below. It was fun chasing down the goose and putting it back in place. Luckily Seayoda wasn't hurt, he was too busy taking pictures of eels anyways to notice.. :D

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom