Morning dive and afternoon SRC snorkel with the kids--Can it be done?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The local government doesn't seem to believe that's possible. Leader of Government Business (LGB) McKeeva Bush has previously stated that he wishes Grand Cayman to have the capacity to handle 14 cruise ships daily.

In the newspaper article announcing that the deal has been signed including West Bay port facilities, one statement stood out. (I wish I had the paper for the exact quote.) One of the benefits of putting such facilities in West Bay is said to be that there is no traffic congestion there.

I'm not sure where exactly the various development will occur, but I'd guess that the West Bay site will be quite close to the four way stop. There is a new commercial building going up there already, and I'd be shocked if the developer wasn't a "valued business member and contributor to West Bay".

I've heard rumor that the Georgetown expansion may result in the bulldozing of the site of Casanova's restaurant. That would be a short distance to the north of current terminals.

C.D.Fish once bubbled...
Thanks a ton for the help!

Since I have already bothered you about one stop, do you have advice for me at my other stops?

Belize City arrival 8:00 AM departure 6:00 PM
Costa Maya arrival 7:00 AM departure 6:00 PM
Cozumel arrival 7:00 AM departure 5:00 PM

I probably won't be able to dive at each port unfortunately, but I would love to know which ones you would suggest, and who I might want to contact about chartering in these other locations.

Thanks again,

--C.D.Fish

Cozumel should be a definite dive for you and with the 7 am arrival it should be no problem. Contact Christi at www.bluextseadiving.com She runs a top notch, very professional dive operation with a 6 person boat. With 4 divers in your party, you'll probably have the boat to yourself that day and can choose where you want to dive.

Thanks to everyone for the advice:) I haven't had a chance to call GC or Coz yet, but I will give you a report on how it goes.

The last time I dove in Coz the area of Santa Rosa Wall we dove was pretty badly beat up. If I am able to get a 6 person boat chartered, where would you suggest I dive? 2 of the divers with me will be newly certified, so technical dives will probably be out.

I have the same question about Cayman dives. If I am able to choose, which dive/dives would you suggest that aren't far from the port. Last time I dove Orange Canyon, Dolphin Dropoff, Fish Reef and the Doc Polson and they were great! I'm wondering if there are any less-trafficed dives maybe south of Georgetown.

Thanks again for the input

C.D.Fish

Well, If I could only pick two dives to do in Cozumel, I would pick the wreck of the C-53 and Palancar. Maybe Columbian shallows instead of the wreck, since you have new divers with you.
Some people may even say dive the plane wreck for an easy dive with newbies.
As far as Cayman, I would leave that up to Casey, and what she thinks she can get you to, and back, in time that day.
The ship will offer String Ray City.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom