More weather coming by the weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems like this is tracking more North/NW. Doing the bag drag tomorrow around Noon, hope they don’t close the port. Wind guru looks ok for now.

Seems like this is tracking more North/NW. Doing the bag drag tomorrow around Noon, hope they don’t close the port. Wind guru looks ok for now.
Watched a few of the storms last season, when I missed 8+ days of diving. The wind forecasts (wind guru, windy, windfinder, ect) all seem to use the same satellite based data set. They are not real accurate until the storms start their spin and establish a track. The best visual future projection of the group I have found is the 'Windy' app. Its still early but it projects the main spin up over the Cayman's and tracking across western Cuba then building in the gulf for a strike between Lake Charles and New Orleans Sunday. About the same time it looks like a Pacific system is headed for Cabo.
Edit: Current spaghetti tracks
upload_2021-8-26_8-24-27.png

upload_2021-8-26_8-25-44.png

upload_2021-8-26_8-26-25.png

Please not Lake Charles. I have family there, and the city has not yet recovered from multiple strikes last year. Laura was the worst in decades.

UGH... trying to decide between Cozumel/Bonaire. I fly standby so I can wait until the last minute. Flights to Bonaire are pretty full, Cancun is wide open. Turks and Caicos is option #3
wonder how the weather/diving will be after the storm passes...

Somebody get out a sharpie and move this thing towards Cuba where it belongs!

(it's a joke don't hurt me Cubans)

Somebody got out their sharpie. More northern track per NOAA. We'll see.

UGH... trying to decide between Cozumel/Bonaire. I fly standby so I can wait until the last minute. Flights to Bonaire are pretty full, Cancun is wide open. Turks and Caicos is option #3
wonder how the weather/diving will be after the storm passes...
Its now on track to strike the Isle de Pines in Cuba in about 24 Hrs. It seems to be going well clear of Cozumel.
upload_2021-8-26_15-33-9.png
upload_2021-8-26_15-34-46.png

On the island now. Rain bands keep coming but glad to see Ida drifting away.

While technically anything is possible , NHC only thought (as of 5pm eastern ) there was 5 percent chance of Cozumel seeing tropical storm force winds in next few days. Things should be fine, only thing to watch out for on ferry is if storm causes ocean swells to head our way tomorrow night/Saturday even without local wind. Pretty rare, but every once in a while we get swells coming down the channel caused be winds far away.

Never say never when I comes to hurricanes , but I will probably dive Saturday afternoon

Weather looks good this morning.

Covid test today to see if I come home Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom