More unidentified nudis!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"The spherical tubercles on the mantle of Ceratophyllidia species are attached by a short narrow "stalk". When disturbed, the animal is able to break off the tubercles so animals can often be found with a mixture of large and small (growing) tubercles, as in this photo."

This is what was added to my pic...

Ok... so I was actually able to narrow it down to "Hoplodoris" family... since I didn't get a good close up look of it's sex glands, I can't get a specific species on it yet...

I ran into a picture from Hawaii on Dr. Rudman's Sea Slug Forum that looks very much like your second slug. It was identified as Dendrodoris denisoni. Of course, I am no expert!

It looks like Dr. Willan from Nudi pixel is examining your picture now, so shouldn't be long before there's an official answer:D. I just love a good nudi mystery:D

Happy Hunting!

NH

NH, looks like you are correct!!! Thanks for the help in the ID!!! The "eyespots" were a big giveaway with that one, once I saw what they look like!

Back
Top Bottom