More unidentified nudis!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crab lover

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After too many long weeks without my dive buddy, Becky and I were able to hit the water again as a team yesterday at Firehouse! It was a great dive and we found two nudibranchs that I am unable to find in the Hoover's Book or anywhere on the net! The first one I thought may have been an egg sac of some sort, but after really getting a closer look, I saw that there were antenna/eye stalks coming out from the "front" and when I looked from the side, I could see where it had a bottom skirt. The macro on my camera is not the best, so the detail is not what I would like...

This is the one I found just as we entered cathedral from the topside...
SCUBA_020.jpg

another view...
SCUBA_021.jpg

yet another view...
SCUBA_022.jpg

top view...
SCUBA_023.jpg

you can kind of make out the skirt to on the yellow sponge
SCUBA_024.jpg

last one of that one...
SCUBA_025.jpg

Becky found this one when we went to the right towards Sharks cove...
SCUBA_058.jpg

side view...
SCUBA_059.jpg

a little fuzzy...
SCUBA_061.jpg

it's very pretty though!
SCUBA_062.jpg

Anybody got any ideas?

That's not to mention the countless white margins, the scrambled eggs, and three HUGE golden laces! AND a Tom smith's!

you have to send those to John! He'll love'em :wink:

Cool pics, Glad Becky is back in the water!

Yes, when I was getting my tanks filled, I looked in Hoover's book and didn't see them. But my memory isn't what it should be.

Fun to find things I've never seen before. Oh, and if she gets to name the nudi's, the first one should be birthday balloon nudibranch, because the top looks like balloons and we were celebrating Jamie's birthday!

Nice find! Thanks for sharing:D

Nudipixel rocks:14:

Any idea about the identity of the second slug?

Haven't submitted yet... wanted to see if I got anything on the first one before I did both!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom