More time spent here than underwater...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bayliner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Back again with issues of my Nemo Air. Got it back from Mares warranty repairs on 3/20/09. This was the fourth time since I started having problems in Nov. 08 when Mares replaced it for my Darwin Air.:shakehead:A follow up call from Zak O'Hara on 3/26/09 informed me that my computer was tested and operating properly. He also explained that the manual was incorrect in stating the final tank pressure could be found in the Log Book -tech data page. A scroll of the dive profile is necessary to find that infomation. Well here is the next manual question. I dove my computer on 3/29/09 and it worked well, but I had the exact same breathing rate as the dive before, even though depth, temp, current and air cunsumption was different. :confused:I also intended to dive it today, 4/05/09. I went to the system section to check the battery and the computer locked up. It read battery ok when I put on my BC but I could not get out of the System section and the low battery icon was blinking. Manual said I should see a LO1 or LO2 warning. I didn't. Question is what do I do next? Send it back and dive with the Prodigy. Or put in another battery and figure the MANUAL WAS NOT PRINTED CORRECTLY again? I don't know if the problem is in the product, or the test method, or the tester. I do know that in today's economy, I am getting tired of putting $150.00 OF GAS IN THE TRUCK. $300.00 OF GAS IN THE BOAT and getting up at 4am and not being able to dive.
I received a call from Phil Mintz on 3/30/09. He was on his way to Italy to discuss my 1st problem with Mares engineers. Although from a corporate standpoint his call was appreciatead, I would much rather just be able to go dive.
I have been diving since 1961, and have always been a recreational diver. I love it and do it because I want to. I have used equipment from White Stag & Voit to Kirby Morgan, but this is the first time in 48 years I had to pay this much for a piece of equipment that got so little use, and have been on a first name basis with corporate personnel.
Zak, please advise. You have my cel # or pm me and I'll call you.

Larry

Larry,

Sorry for the delayed response. I had a family emergency out of state.

I am sorry you are still having difficulties with the computer. Honestly to date we have had very few issues with the Nemo Air apart from a delay in downloading software, which has been completed. I think the easiest thing to do at this point would be to replace the battery and see if this solves the issue. If not then we will replace your unit with a new one.

I appreciate your passion for diving and we will extend every effort to keep you satisfied and in the water. Please let me know if this is the solution, if not we will act promptly.

Sincerely,

Hi Zak, I sent it back to warranty repair 0n 4/7/09. I did change the battery and that's when I could not reset the time & the reset counter jumed from 2 to 5. Apparently there is a problem or it wouldn't have locked up in the first place. Hopefully it will be replaced asap. Something is going on that wasn't detected on 3/20/09.
All I want to do is get off the deck and back in the water, I'm getting tired of being a tour guide.

Thanks for the reply, Larry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom