More then 2 transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Caveeagle agreed, but the NERD doesn't work well on OC so it becomes a CCR specific unit. I could use it when diving FFM, but not sidemount unless I helmet mounted it. Even then, it still has the long pigtail that has to be dealt with. They have locked down the subconn connectors for some idiotic reason and won't give up on the Fischer cables, etc.

Actually, the NERD2 is available with no cable and an OC mount is available. I dive mine OC all the time.

We don't control the DiveCAN connectors. I think there are a couple of vendors for them. We don't work with home builders any more for a bunch of reasons.

Also, I would love to see the Fischers go away, but so far there is no panel mount version of the DiveCAN connector that is small enough.

Bruce (about to board a plane to Honiara so may not have internet.)

Actually, the NERD2 is available with no cable and an OC mount is available. I dive mine OC all the time.

Ahhh.. But the NERD2 is still limited to 2 transmitters. Are we going to get the ability to add more... pretty please :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

We don't control the DiveCAN connectors. I think there are a couple of vendors for them. We don't work with home builders any more for a bunch of reasons.

Also, I would love to see the Fischers go away, but so far there is no panel mount version of the DiveCAN connector that is small enough.

Bruce, thanks for piping in while travelling. My comment about the NERD was mainly to have one computer that can go back and forth. I think the NERD is brilliant for FFM diving, but it doesn't work with primary donate unless you helmet mount it.
Oh well, will keep my fingers crossed for a Petrel 3 ext with WAI and bungee mounts

Oh well, will keep my fingers crossed for a Petrel 3 ext with WAI and bungee mounts

I think if I told my wife I needed to buy another Shearwater after buying the Evo+ (and 2 more transmitters and diving Scapa Flow) this year there may be some used gear on the market after my death :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I think if I told my wife I needed to buy another Shearwater after buying the Evo+ (and 2 more transmitters and diving Scapa Flow) this year there may be some used gear on the market after my death :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Based on the actual prices or the prices you told her you paid?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom