More then 2 transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTPaws

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Shearwater,

Is there any plans on allowing more then 2 transmitters. I would love to have at least 3 being tracked by my Perdix. I'm installing 2 transmitters on my rebreather and would like to have one on my bailout.

Thanks

Maybe just need another computer?

It’s too bad the petrel controller on my O2ptima doesn’t do AI. I was using a Perdix as my back-up computer, but I now have a Nerd2 and the only time I bring the third computer, is if i think I might do an open circuit dive within 24hrs and want to keep a clock running.

@Caveeagle the Petrel not having WAI is the reason I've been hemming and hawing on what to do with my mCCR and my Meg. If it had WAI it would be a no-brainer. Fingers crossed that @Shearwater has that in their near future upgrade plans since the Petrel is getting a bit long in the tooth

Maybe just need another computer?
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

That ain't going to happen.... I do have 2 Perdix's. I will admit that I am numbers nerd. If I could merge the logs from both of my Perdix's then I could track all the different pressures.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

That ain't going to happen.... I do have 2 Perdix's. I will admit that I am numbers nerd. If I could merge the logs from both of my Perdix's then I could track all the different pressures.

Yea, I get that. I have almost just given up logging dives because I find the shearwater log just too clunky and void of features. Before I got the Nerd2, I always had my Perdix with me no matter what I was doing. Now. It only gets to come along when I need it for open circuit diving.
It’s too bad there is not an easy way to sync dive logs from different sources.

@Caveeagle the Petrel not having WAI is the reason I've been hemming and hawing on what to do with my mCCR and my Meg. If it had WAI it would be a no-brainer. Fingers crossed that @Shearwater has that in their near future upgrade plans since the Petrel is getting a bit long in the tooth

FWIW, I am really happy with the Nerd2+AI. All the CCR Jedi-Masters can say what they want, But I was back pretty low silty part of Ginnie, Sunday and I was Happy as a clam to have HUD monitors for both my onboard gases. And with no extra motion needed to check them.

@Caveeagle agreed, but the NERD doesn't work well on OC so it becomes a CCR specific unit. I could use it when diving FFM, but not sidemount unless I helmet mounted it. Even then, it still has the long pigtail that has to be dealt with. They have locked down the subconn connectors for some idiotic reason and won't give up on the Fischer cables, etc.

@Caveeagle

MacDive is much better than the Shearwater app if you run iPhones/Macs.

Maybe I should give that a try. I think my dive logs for the last 4 years are spread over at least 3 different apps. I was hoping that shearwater would come up with something on par with their dive computers. :(

I don't believe that Macdive has support for using the data from the two transmitters yet.

Back
Top Bottom