More Sluggett Point (Saanich Inlet) photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad your back from workups Mark. I was out enjoying the visibility yesterday as well. I'd guess a good 40-50 feet at Tuwanek. Was there an Octo in that den?

Nice pics Mark. $10 to park there!!!???? I will have to give that site a miss on general principal.

Tigers AND vermilions? That'd be worth $10, in my book!

The viz looks as though it was incredible.

BTW, tomorrow, Peter and I are off to dive a site that I can't find any information about -- As far as I can tell, nobody has dived it. We're planning it carefully, but I'm excited about doing this, and your dives have been part of the inspiration for the trip.

Skookumchuck:
Glad your back from workups Mark. I was out enjoying the visibility yesterday as well. I'd guess a good 40-50 feet at Tuwanek. Was there an Octo in that den?
Well I'm back for the weekend. It's not over until next week. Yes, there was an octopus in the den. If you look closely on the right side of the crack, you can see some suckers on it's arm.

wedivebc:
Nice pics Mark. $10 to park there!!!???? I will have to give that site a miss on general principal.
Yeah, I don't think $10 is worth it either, but I was already there and I wanted to check up on the wolf eels (I haven't been there in awhile). By the way, I almost came out for a dive in Nanaimo yesterday, but I realized I didn't really have the time.

TSandM:
Tigers AND vermilions? That'd be worth $10, in my book!

The viz looks as though it was incredible.

BTW, tomorrow, Peter and I are off to dive a site that I can't find any information about -- As far as I can tell, nobody has dived it. We're planning it carefully, but I'm excited about doing this, and your dives have been part of the inspiration for the trip.
That's one of the perks of diving for me. Exploring. It may not be a great dive in most people's books, but there's the feeling that maybe no one has been there before and you never know what you'll see. Sluggett Point, in my opinion isn't that exciting of a dive compared to other local spots, but then there is that little section of it out in the middle of nowhere packed with that huge variety of rockfish (plus the octopus and wolf eels).

swankenstein:
Yeah, I don't think $10 is worth it either, but I was already there and I wanted to check up on the wolf eels (I haven't been there in awhile). By the way, I almost came out for a dive in Nanaimo yesterday, but I realized I didn't really have the time.
Maybe when you're done with WUPS you'll find some time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom