More RAW meat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here are some of my first RAW comparison shots. If I had been thinking (that would be a first) I should have taken a TIFF shot as well. I left the camera exactly the same for both the JPEG and RAW shot. I edited the photos below as follows:

#1 JPEG from camera to PS7 - autolevels applied

#2 RAW from camera through PS7 converter on RGB setting then picked white and black levels

#3 RAW from camera through PS7 converter on RGB WB setting then picked white and black levels

#4 RAW from camera through PS7 converter on RGB autoimage setting then picked white and black levels

I have another converter program that I will run the RAW file through later, I just wanted to get some feed back on the PS converter comparison first. I tried to keep everything as apples to apples as I could. Let me know your thoughts.

I like parts of them all. There seems to be a small bit of lavendar/pink along the very top of them all, some worse than other, but it is faint.

The first one is too washed out but I like the sand in it.
The second one is my favorite, I think.
The third has too much pink in the lower right corner as well as the very top.
The fourth one is my second choice but the sand in the lower left is blown out.

Do you have one of the RAW image with nothing done to it?

Dee:
Do you have one of the RAW image with nothing done to it?
Here are the naked shots in the same order as above - all just downloaded or run through the converter.

I would process all the images further but that gets individual for each picture - I wanted to compair similar processes on each type of conversion vs JPEG.

Oh - about the pink stuff, I had done manual WB and left it that way for both the JPEG and RAW shot. I think it's the same old problem. Next time I'll auto WB and see the difference.

Wow...that IS a difference! The green makes the second one sort of interesting.

Dee:
Wow...that IS a difference! The green makes the second one sort of interesting.
I was shocked when all the colors showed up - I thought I had done some something terrible at first. It must be that "negative" thing about RAW. That green one had no processing and I think it is what the RAW file must truely look like. The other two had processing of some sort by the converter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom