More Kudos for Prodiver Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pcosgrove

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
family and I just returned from a great vacation in Hawaii - 1 week on Maui, and 1 week on the Big Island. This was our first "Diving vacation" and the entire family has just started diving this year and spent the past year training for this vacation. We have advanced open water certifications and we have been diving as much as we could to get ready.

We had a great great time and I wanted to take a moment to share our experiences with Pro Diver Maui.

We did two 2-tank dives with them while we were on Maui and we were extremely pleased with their operation. The first day we went out with "Bones" as our Captain and Matt as our Divemaster. The Second time we went out with Bryan as our Captain and Matt was again our Divemaster. We ended up diving Reef's End & the Back Wall of Molokini, and Red Hill and 5 Graves were the other two locations.

They were personable, friendly, very engaging, and very professional. They setup our gear, did a very thorough boat saftey briefing, and conducted a very complete dive briefing. The first dive was always at Molokini, and because of a very early start, we were either the first or second dive boat to arrive so we had out pick of moorings. The boat was clean and well maintained. While they are certified to take larger groups, they only take 6 at a time and this smaller group allows them to make the entire experience much more personal. Snacks between dives were fruit kabobs, huge fresh baked cookies, and huge muffins(the best food we had with a dive operation!). Delicious! They also had a very liberal ascent policy - many of the operators that we talked to indicated that the dive group would ascend when the first person got low on air. I'm a big guy and I tend to be the one who sucks down his tank first - so I did not want to be in a position of killing everyone else's fun - and I never was the way they ran things.

Matt did a wonderful job conducting the dives. He clearly knew the area and was very knowledgeable of marine biology. They have not lost their enthusiasm for diving and seemed to really enjoy sharing the fine details of the locations we dived. Matt had a keen eye finding interesting and rare marine life - one after another. As an example, at one point he found a cleaning station and demonstrated how the cleaner shrimp would clean his nails and at one point, he removed his regulator, opened his mouth and postitioned his face near the shrimp - the next thing you know the
shrimp were on his face and cleaning around his lips and crawling into his mouth. Our kids were blown away by this and we have a video that we have shown others that we also blown away. Matt did a lot to really create a special experience for our family - and we really appreciated his efforts.

I must say that all of the dive operators that we dealt with in Hawaii were very good, but Prodiver Maui was the best in our experience. Our family would dive with them again and we can strongly recommend them to others - You can't go wrong!

Bones, Bryan, & Matt - thanks for a great job!

Pcosgrove

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom