More keyframes for GoPro videos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adr1an

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's any possibility to make the GoPro HD camera set more keyframes?

No one knows?

This can be probably done by some processing video software too, so if the camera doesn't offer this setting maybe someone can recomment me a software that can do the trick. Thanks in advance.

No one knows?

Well, it might be that no one knows what you're referring to. What is it you're trying to do?

In my mind, "keyframes" are user-created points on a timeline in video editing software. They're commonly used to control animations, effect parameters, and other things in the editing process. I own a GoPro and I've edited video from it many times, but I've never seen anything unusual in the raw video it produces, keyframes or otherwise.

The software I use most of the time is Sony Vegas Pro 9.

Well, it might be that no one knows what you're referring to. What is it you're trying to do?

In my mind, "keyframes" are user-created points on a timeline in video editing software. They're commonly used to control animations, effect parameters, and other things in the editing process. I own a GoPro and I've edited video from it many times, but I've never seen anything unusual in the raw video it produces, keyframes or otherwise.

The software I use most of the time is Sony Vegas Pro 9.

I agree with CrticalMass... I have no idea what you mean by keyframes? I too own a GoPro (and a few other cams) and a keyframe is to me is something in editing software. I use Premiere 9.0 and a Keyframe is a frame in a point of time on the video.

I know what you mean.

Haven't you noticed, when trying to edit a gopro video, that you cannot select the exact point where you want to cut it? The raw video will allow cutting just in certain points.

Huh really? I have not seen that at all. I've been able to cut at any point I want in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5

What are you using?

Haven't you noticed, when trying to edit a gopro video, that you cannot select the exact point where you want to cut it? The raw video will allow cutting just in certain points.

Nope - as I and several others have posted, we simply are not seeing that. We're able to edit GoPro HD video at any point we choose, down to individual frames.

Last edited:
Adrian, what software are you using for your video editing? If you tell us which one you use we may be able to help you out. Keyframes are set in the editor and all decent editing software should have an unlimited amount of keyframes available to be used at any frame of video.

I 2nd that, with Corel VideoStudio Pro X4... you can cut into the timeline from GoPro vids at any point.

Back
Top Bottom