More fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Picked up a couple of more fins this week.

The first are a pair of duckfeet style Aqualungs. Rubber is in excellent condition and a bonus is that they are size large:

Picture2004-22.jpg

Picture2003-16.jpg

The second pair are AMF Swimmaster Mk 9's (?). The rubber is starting to perish with these but they will make for a good pair of snorkelling fins. Too bad, as they are an aesthetically pleasing design. Size Med.:

Picture2005-17.jpg

Picture2006-14.jpg

Picture2007-13.jpg

Ah yes the old Aqua Lung logo that was changed because it looked like a penis. Too much PC these days.
Boy, that's a new one on me. I never made that kind of connection.

SeaRat

I still have a pair of Mark 9's in pretty good condition.

Boy, that's a new one on me. I never made that kind of connection.

SeaRat

Nor did I... but damned if it doesn't once you look at it "the right way..."

Ah yes the old Aqua Lung logo that was changed because it looked like a penis. Too much PC these days.

Never would have occurred to me, never heard that before either, sounds like urban legend. That would be a strange place to have a double hose. :idk:

N

Y'know, years back, when I first saw the USD logo, that's the first thing that came to mind... Only after seeing DHs did I make the connection.

Dale, which parts of the Swimaster is "perishing"... oh wait - is it next to the "x" in "Mark IX?"

No, that part is fine. It's at the tip of the blades. When you flex them side to side small cracks appear. I'll Glycerol them but I wouldn't trust them any more for a dive where my life depended on them (if you know what I mean).

I have a pair of the U.S. Divers Aqualung fins, probably the same size as yours. I tried to put them on over a bootie, and broke one of the heel straps. I was able to fix it with a bicycle inner tube and neoprene cement, cementing the strap together and then putting the inner tube over it. It is working, but these are pool-only fins now.
IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

Be very careful putting the on and taking them off.

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom