Moosehead Lake, Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be spending an afternoon, a night, and a morning at the Moosehead Lake in Maine the 2nd weekend of August. This will be my first time in the area. I've read about some wreck diving on the lake, and realize that this could be a rare opportunity to dive it, as I don't know if and when I'll venture there again.

So I was curious if anyone here has any contacts of dive charters in the area, or any other info? I have registered at the Moosehead Divers FB group, but it doesn't seem to be very active with the last post dating back to May.

Also, did anybody have any experience diving this lake? With the main objective of the trip being hiking at Baxter SP (where I'll spend two subsequent nights), would it be worth dragging all my gear with me, or should I just enjoy the area from above the water?

Unfortunately, there is no one doing charters on the lake, unless you know someone with a boat. The wrecks are protected by the state and are by boat only.

Unfortunately, there is no one doing charters on the lake, unless you know someone with a boat. The wrecks are protected by the state and are by boat only.

Bummer. Thank you for the info.

We dove the passenger lake steamer TWILIGHT wreck there a couple of seasons ago. Great dive, great site not too far out of Greenville. Starts at 5 feet below surface and slopes down to the stern at about 45 feet. Worth the visit.
0.jpg
0-2.png

We dove the passenger lake steamer TWILIGHT wreck there a couple of seasons ago. Great dive, great site not too far out of Greenville. Starts at 5 feet below surface and slopes down to the stern at about 45 feet. Worth the visit.

Looks great! I'd love to do it if someone gets back to me either here or on Facebook. If not, I guess I'll just go on a lake cruise and stick to hiking.

Easy to find but only accessible by boat. You could snorkel it just as well.

0-14.png

If you’re on Facebook, search for “Moosehead Lake Divers.”

Thank you, I registered and posted there a couple of weeks ago, no response. The previous update in the group was back in May, so not a whole lot is happening there.

It's private land. Getting there by boat was wicked easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom