Moosehead Lake, Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

icechip

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am interested in diving on the sunken paddleboat steamer in Moosehead Lake at some point before this summer gets away from me. Any one done it and/or have any info about it?

Got Facebook? Go find:

[h=5]Ryan Robbins shared his post to the group: New England Scuba Divers Group.
[/h]July 27 at 10:38am ·

Amazing dives this past Saturday up at Moosehead Lake in Maine! Contact me if interested! Will be posting video soon!

Ryan just led what seems to be a very successful trip to Moosehead, causing immense jealousy here. I'm hoping to get up there in August or early September.

Hey icechip! As per Silty Sam - I was just up at Moosehead on 7/25 with a group of four other divers. It was my second trip up there this summer. From what I know, there is a sidewheeler located just south of Birch Point near Mill Brook. I don't know where she lies exactly. Water is pretty mucky over there. While the wreck dives are fun, I've been more into terrain/wall dives up there...and boy oh boy Moosehead has not disappointed so far.

Sounds good. We've got some friends who have a camp near Mill Brook. Hoping to get up there for a couple of days by late August.

We did a wreck diving class there around 16 years ago. At that time, you could still penetrate the wreck to a small extent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom