Moored wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that...maybe someone else here can weigh in?

...you are welcome to join me Saturday morning at 8 a.m. at Johnson... :)

...I don't mind big 'cudas as long as they are not on the end of my fishing line! HATE to catch those things!!!

Debby,
Be on the lookout for him, biggest cuda I've ever seen, by far, he's a MONSTER. He stalked us for about 300 yards one day when we were out there as well, both times we saw him, he was south of the rocks.

Just dove the Miss Dania Beach this morning, found the wreck, crossed over it, dropped the anchor immediately, piece of cake, went down the line and couldn't have had it setup more perfect. Not as difficult as I had anticipated.

It sounds as if you are dropping anchor and all members are jumping in. The "better" method is to meet two other divers, who can handle a small craft, and take them along. The old idom of "Two up, Two down."

It is of course your boat and your butt, just offering Unsolicited advice.

Debby did know the nautical term "Scope" and would be a likely canidate, just a suggestion.

Orlando Eric:
Debby did know the nautical term "Scope" and would be a likely canidate, just a suggestion.

If the scope of the rode is really just 2:1, that's borderline, even with 15 or 20' of chain at the anchor. In good conditions, the ratio should be 5:1 if you want any assurance the boat is still going to be there.

As previously suggested, two up, two down is the way to go if you've got someone competent to stay on the boat.

We had 2 on the boat as well :) And we were able to anchor in 70 feet with only 100 feet of line, lol... it moved about 20 feets during the length of the dive, not bad, but next time we'll have more rope

vr24:
We had 2 on the boat as well :) And we were able to anchor in 70 feet with only 100 feet of line, lol... it moved about 20 feets during the length of the dive, not bad, but next time we'll have more rope
Invest in an anchor bouy and hauling set up if you don't already have one. Makes getting the anchor up a breeze. Boater's World or BOW can help you with the setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom