Moored wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vr24

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone help me out with some moored wreck locations from John Lloyd (Port Everglades Cut).

I've found plenty of wrecks in the area, but can't find any information on whether they have mooring buoys or not. Would really appreciate any help.

Also, I'm trying to find GPS coords for minecar reef, is this part of hammerhead reef?

Thanks for the help, just started going out on my friends new boat, and looking for some spots in the area.

p.s. is Tenneco Towers moored?

If that does not work, try getting Ned Deloachs Guide to underwater Fl.It has every known wreck in the state of florida broken down by location and coast and has gps and buoyed or not.

With a good GPS and depthfinder and a printout of coordinates, you should easily be able to find the wrecks. Good luck!

DebbyDiver:
With a good GPS and depthfinder and a printout of coordinates, you should easily be able to find the wrecks. Good luck!

With GPS, Depth finder, and a printout if you can't find it you'd better be sure you paint your house different than all the others in the neighborhood!...

vr24:
p.s. is Tenneco Towers moored?
No.

You'll find moored wrecks in the Keys... but not really in Broward.

I have no problem with FINDING the wrecks, i'm just not all that comfortable with trying to tie on to the wrecks, guess we just need to buy more anchor line, only holds at 100 feet with 200 feet of line out. Oh well though.

Also, anyone familiar with Minecar reef, can't find it anywhere.

Hey debby, do you have any information on Johnson street, I'm so curious about it, dove it MANY times but it's such an unknown gem.

Hey VR, just buy the darned anchor line, you need a good scope on there!!

And regarding Johnson Street, what specific information are you seeking?

When the brick road was put in, was it specifically an artificial reef, etc... I am an information nut, I get curious about things, then just have to know, he he.

We need to get together for a dive sometime.

And debby, have you seen that 6-7 foot barracuda at johnson yet, we've seen him twice, and I dont' like him one bit.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom