Monterey Pics 7-6-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful pics Larry! I'm guessing you got your mask replaced? :wink:

Buck :zen:

Thanks Buck. Yeah, the mfg. didn't think it would be good advertising to have one of their masks fall apart on a dive controller in the middle of an open water class, so they gave me a fresh one. Unfortunately, it seems to have been chewed on around the edges by some rodent in the drying room in Utila and began weeping a bit more than even my usual beard leakage, so for now I'm using my backup.

Thanks Gary and Chad. Have you been getting your rig underwater, Gary? I tried something new with this set. I got sick of blurry supermacros in auto focus, and I haven't had any luck getting sharp focus while zooming so I set up my supermacro in manual focus and I just estimated the distance to subject and moved in or out half an inch until it looked right on the crappy little screen with my crappy old eyes. They didn't all come out, but the ones that did were worth the fuss, and the ones that didn't were still way better focus than the camera does from 2" in low light with particles moving in the surge.

Yes and no. I had a problem with the housing flooding...long story. Sent one housing back, got another and it still has this wierd intermittent flooding issue. In any case, took a trip to the Philippines and got some great stuff. Saved the camera from 3 floods using acute paranoia. Check every 2 minutes for water etc. Got home, got sick ... literally have lost 20lbs but I am on the rebound. I'll be out in Cali next week around Irvine but don't plan to dive. I still want to do some shore dives out there. Maybe next year. Right now Olympus has my housing with video evidence of it flooding with no camera inside. I'll let you know how that goes.

BTW, I gave up on the SP350 locking focus in supermacro mode. I found it simply works just as well in regular macro mode with the zoom all the way in and the camera actually focus's as well. I tried the manual thing a few times...just couldn't get the hang of it.

very nice pics!!!
Thanks!!!!

From canary islands... Pepe

Thanks Pepe.

Back
Top Bottom