Monterey pics 5-30-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Peltodoris nobilis
DSC_5516cropsm.jpg

Spanish Shawl feeding on tube anemone
DSC_5521cropsm.jpg

Juvenile Gopher Rockfish
DSC_5525sm.jpg

Juvenile Blue rockfish
DSC_5580cropsm.jpg

Hermissenda Crassicornis
DSC_5538cropsm.jpg

Thanks for sharing :)

Now you do realize Gilligan is always a day ahead of his title date and you are a month behind? Hmmm...LOL

Larry, I was always impressed with the quality of your shots with your Olympus (something I could never duplicate with mine), but the newer ones with your Nikon are really wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

The first one is my favorite.

I agree. I had never realized how nubby those bumps were -- I sure can't see it in person, and probably not with my camera (haven't used it in Monterey yet).

Very nice pictures. You need to post more of them.

Thanks, all!

Thanks for sharing :)
Now you do realize Gilligan is always a day ahead of his title date and you are a month behind? Hmmm...LOL
I can't vouch for how Jim posts his pictures before he takes them, but since I started shooting RAW's on the Nikon, I'm using 3 different programs to process them. Nikon Capture NX, which I still haven't learned all the ins and outs of, Lightroom 3 Beta which ran out today and I'm not very proficient at either and PS7, which I use all the time, but doesn't have a RAW converter available for any new cameras. With the Oly, I just dropped them all into Rawshooter (which Adobe bought and turned into Lightroom without keeping the easy interface, so I'm told) then used PS7 to crop them, touch up the color and adjust the size. It used to take me a day to process a weekend of dives, now it takes more like 3 days. I'm probably going to buy Lightroom 3 and CS5 since I can get the Teacher editions cheap and hopefully I'll get the hang of them soon enough to ease my processing time.

The first one is my favorite.
I agree. I had never realized how nubby those bumps were -- I sure can't see it in person, and probably not with my camera (haven't used it in Monterey yet).

I only take Peltodoris shots as "just in case"! (Just in case I can't get a decent picture of anything else.) There are so many of them on my dives and I've taken so many pictures of them that I figure everyone will be bored with them. It's funny how common subjects can make good pictures. This one didn't even have the gill out, which is usually my minimum requirement for a keeper.:idk::wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom