monterey diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rome90

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey there..im going on vacation to monterey from june 19-27 and i wanna do some diving and i was wondering if you guys had any charters you recommend in the monterey area? thanks

Don't pass up on the shore diving, especially Pt. Lobos.

Also, do you have cold water experience?

The shore diving in Monterey can be fabulous, although the beach entries are challenging (except for the Breakwater, which is not the best diving Monterey has to offer). Lobos, on the other hand, is often only challenging because the boat ramp can be slippery, and Whalers Cove has some beautiful topography and a lot of life.

The only boat I've been on in Monterey is the Escapade (divecentral.com) and I have thoroughly enjoyed both days I have spent on it.

Don't pass up on the shore diving, especially Pt. Lobos.

Also, do you have cold water experience?
Ditto. Shore diving in Monterey is for the most part easy and fun.

...The only boat I've been on in Monterey is the Escapade (divecentral.com) and I have thoroughly enjoyed both days I have spent on it.

I've seen you off of Phil's boat, too. And he'll pretty much take that anywhere you want to go.

Oh, you're right; I was thinking of larger boats that someone would be able to book a single spot on, without having to be part of a group.

Phil's RIB is my favorite way to dive Monterey so far. All the advantages and flexibility of shore diving, but access to the more remote sites. And he's so much fun to hang out with, too!

I'll second the Escapade, although I personally like the economics of shore diving.

monterey blue.com i dove with him last June, when i come back i will use him again

yeah i have plenty of cold water experience as i live and dive in the pacific NW...i am thinking that a shore dive might be the way to go as far as affordability goes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom