Monterey diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hossein

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Greetings! I will be headed to Monterey this Friday for a week. I would love to do some diving there, but have no idea about the local shops or where to go. I would rent gear, except mask, fins and snorkel. I'm NAUI advanced certified, and never been diving on the West coast. But am looking forward to it!

Any suggestions/recommendations for spots, shops, etc... is/are greatly appreciated!

-Hossein

Try Pacific Coast Divers, seem like good folks.

Mike

Try Pacific Coast Divers, seem like good folks.

Mike

The only shops I can find with this name are in Texas & Oceanside... you sure about that? Neither of which are local to monterey.

I'm partial to the Aquarius Dive Shop on Del Monte that bbianchi mentioned. We've been in the area for about 2 months now and they've taken VERY good care of us.

Thanks for all the input! I'll check them out!

Anyone interested or looking for a buddy this weekend?

By the way, many shops won't rent gloves and booties, so bring 'em if you got 'em. But if you don't have some that are at least 5mm, you may have to buy them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom