Monterey Diving Buddies/Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you guys that regularly dive Monterey in a 7mm are crazy. I used to. The suit got tired,
I trried some others, they weren't as good, and bought a dry suit. I would NEVER go back. Even my leaky
backup 600 dives dampsuit is warmer than a 7mm.

BTW, my old 7mm was a a 7mm hooded vest, 7mm farmer john, 7mm beaver tail jacket.
21 mm where it counts.

Now, for a one-off visit, the 7mm may be a stopgap. But for every weekend, NO WAY.

You can dive with the 7mm, without suffering? depends on your cold tolerance. Watch losing heat between dives. I dive with 7mm all of the time, not as much as Chuck, but often. BTW, if the weather is kind, the diving is usually superb in October/November.

i used 7mm and a hooded vest and i don't feel cold at all. Who knows maybe im just diving during the warmer season that's why. Mostly dive Dec - May so that's probably a warmer season in Monterey hehehhe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom