Monterey diving April 8 and 9?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I'll pass this weekend. Last time there was a bicycle race through there, I ended up trying to RUN across the street in scuba equipment dodging them to try to get to Coral Street. Talk about needing to stay in shape to dive!!!

(Interestingly, I went to work the following Monday and a co-worker looked like she'd been mauled by a tiger, and said she'd crashed while in a bicycle race in Monterey. Fortunately she did *not* say she'd crashed while trying to avoid a couple idiot scuba divers running across the street.)

The swell is down super low, the road race won't come into monterey so we are safe from lance and his buddies, but they will be in all the restaurants and pubs afterwards and hotels will be pricier

A problem with this weekend, as has been noted, is Good Old Days in Pacific Grove. If you want to dive Lover's or Coral (which I do in the afternoon), finding a decent parking spot might be a chore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom