Monterey AOW Cert 9/4-9/5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, as a potential dive buddy on the Channel Islands trip, Mike, I have to disagree with Shasta_man. You're going to appreciate extending your bottom time by approx. 20% by getting the nitrox cert. 6 dives a day, you need to watch your NDLs and O2 sat carefully, make sure you have a good nitrox compatible computer to take with you.
I'm considering retaking my drysuit class to get my cert so I can rent a drysuit for the trip. Water temp isn't gonna be much different, but after you get out, I'm thinking I would probably appreciate being dry.
Keep diving until then, you know I'm available often to get out diving with you.

After Nitrox I will definitely be taking a break from classes and just enjoying just diving for a few months or longer. I had a chance to talk with a few people on our boat trip and everyone was very adamant that while diving wet in the Channel islands is possible, its probably not a great idea.

I dove with two heat packs in my wet suit going full blast and at 86 ft I was still shivering. I'm partial to agree with that and as a result, I've been doing a good deal of research into a dry suit. I'll probably be picking one up in the next couple of weeks to give me time to get used to it.

Not to mention I'm doing the DUI DOG DEMO Days this weekend!

Looks like a bunch of folks will be @DOG rally/Breakwater this weekend. I'll be there Sunday.

Last edited:
I've never taken classes from Phil, but I have been out on his boat, and I had occasion to sit on the boat and just talk to him for an hour the last time we were down there. I'm quite sure he'd teach an excellent Nitrox class.

Rob and Don are also good choices. No one diving in Monterey is short on good options for quality instruction.

After Nitrox I will definitely be taking a break from classes and just enjoying just diving for a few months or longer.!

before you put things on hold, I would recommend Rescue. It really opened my eyes and helped me to improve not only my diving, but mostly safety around me. And it was a lot of fun pulling 6ft tall dude to Zodiac :rofl3:

Looks like a bunch of folks will be @DOG rally/Breakwater this weekend. I'll be there Sunday.

Looks like well just miss eachother! I'm going to be there saturday as I have a BBQ to goto later as well.

Will you be ther Sunday as well kristina?

Yes, Mike. Saturday and Sunday, Saturday as a third for a class and Sunday for the DUI thingie, also as a third if needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom