Monterey 9/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Any reason not to go Monterey on 9/11? Someone mentioned a triathlon going on down there. I was thinking Breakwater. Our first choice is Gerstle Cove. Both are about the same travel distance from where I am at. Looking for the most optimal dive conditions.

There may be some recent dive conditions posted on SpearBoard California section for Monterey and Carmel.

Spearfishing isn't allowed in the Ed Ricketts SMCA, which includes
the ocean side of the Breakwater. So maybe not.

Hunting and gathering for food is not the only discussion on SpearBoard. While Monterey Bay or Carmel conditions reports may not be specific for BW, it may be similar. I misunderstood this thread anyway.

We will be at Gerstle Cove tomorrow. Look for the scooters if you decide to dive the North Coast.

Peter i would gladly go dive with you guys but you so fast with those propellers.

So we went to Breakwater and the conditions were really good. Visibility was 15-20ft easy. Temp was about 59 at the surface. We saw lots of jelly fish and a sea otter. There was the DUI demo tents up on the lawn for anyone to try on drysuits, and camera's too. The beach wasn't crowded which made it really nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom