Montego Bay Marine Park - Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The Montego Bay Marine Park would like to start utilizing the Scubaboard to promote local diving within the park. I have slowly been spreading the word but need at least a dozen or so members so we can get a sub forum here on scubaboard to post news about the park and plan group dives. Please submit a post to express your interest in this new sub forum.

I would love to see something like this, I will be in Mo Bay mid-may and cannot seem to find a dive operator to go with. =(

Yea, I am having the same problem. My son is staff on one of the cruise lines and tells me that the cruise line does not have a "trusted partner" in Montego Bay.

Sandals is supposed to Diving, but the more popular diving spots are Negril and Ocho Rios. Which would be fine if you are staying there for awhile. If you are arriving by cruise ship, traveling to either of those spots could cause you to "miss the boat" due to traffic etc.

I hope someone with some Montego Bay experience will get something going.

Information on diving in Jamaica in very limited indeed.
Anybody knows the best way commute between hotels in Mo-bay. How much it will cost? Or is it better to try lack with whatever dive shop your hotel offers? It looks that some dive shops run only 1 tank dives. Is it so? Do they announce dive sites in advance? Or they stick divers and snorkels on the same boat and dump everybody on the closest shallowest reef possible?

SVS,
One-tanks dives, yes. But that's because the wall is never more then 1000m from shore so the sites are very close. They do one dive at about 8 or 9, come in, swap gear, pick up new folk and do a second dive at about 11. If the weather is still OK they will also go after lunch.
Rarely do you have any sort of control over the location. See about going with a small shop; in May you may have the boat and DM to yourself.

Small shops will usually do pick-ups, and if you've got a group they may relocate a boat for you and deliver bottles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom